Make an Impact today
Support the Center of Help
The Center of Help’s mission is to empower, educate and connect immigrants with resources to promote self-sufficiency and to advocate for the successful integration of the immigrant community into Anne Arundel County and the surrounding areas.
For over 20 years, the Center of Help, Inc. has served as a vital resource for immigrant families in Anne Arundel County. From Citizenship and English classes to children’s programs, we provide educational opportunities and extend a welcoming hand to our neighbors. We are a one-stop resource center that assists immigrants to overcome challenges, navigate systems, and achieve self-sufficiency to break cycles of poverty. We need your help to continue supporting our neighbors!
Case Navigation is a program that guides clients in navigating systems of care. Case Navigators educate them about processes to access available resources and services, assist with application processes, translate written materials, notarize documents, and refer to partner organizations/agencies.
Strengthening Families Program (SFP), a 14-session, evidence-based parenting skills, children’s social skills, and family life skills training program specifically designed for high-risk families.
Mental Health Services for immigrant families with bilingual and bicultural Mental Health Professionals
Adult Academy, provides classes and connects adult students to resources to meet their personal academic goals, gain practical knowledge, and develop skills that will lead them to increased self-sufficiency. Classes include English as a Second Language, Citizenship preparation, and Computer Literacy.
María de la Paz Youth Outreach Program
Maria de la Paz Youth Outreach Center (MPYOC) provides a safe space for immigrant youth (middle and high school) who have experienced adverse childhood experiences.
This daily program provides:
Conflict resolution workshops
Community service projects
Time to work on participants’ personal goals each month
Leadership and Learning Program
Leadership and Learning Program (L&L), ages 4 to 17, provides classes for highly motivated students and families who understand that education is a critical part of eradicating poverty.
This program provides:
Math tutoring and classes
Guitar, Violin and Piano for Change
Choir and Music lessons
Other instruments depending on teacher availability
Community Service Projects
In 2020, the Center of Help:
- Served a total of 2,116 individuals
- Provided over 23,000 boxes of food to families affected by the COVID Crisis
- Assisted with a total of 10.388 cases (88.5% increase from 2019)
- Guided 1,857 individuals in accessing resources through our Case Navigation program
- 37 individuals received no-cost mental health services
- Conducted SNAP outreach in a total of 2,608 phone calls
- Graduated 17 families from the Strengthening Families Program
- Increased English as a Second Language attendance by 50%
- 172 adults attended ESL classes at no cost
- Provided workshops in Women’s Health and Parenting with Priority Partners
- Enrolled 28 adults in our newest program to obtain a high school equivalency accreditation from Mexico
- Graduated 2 students from our newest program, Plaza Comunitaria
- Celebrated 2 clients becoming American Citizens after attending our Citizenship class
- 18 people attended Citizenship classes to prepare for their exam
- Provided computer literacy classes for 5 adults and assisted 100+ parents in navigating online learning platforms to support their children during virtual learning
- Offered year-round educational and character-building activities for a total of 64 youth
- 96% of youth participants reported that activities helped them at school
Center of Help
Thank you Mid-Atlantic Legal & Immigration Services, LLC and Waleska Casiano
Thank you Law Offices of Elsa W. Smith, LLC
Thank you Arundel Rivers Federation
Thank you to Anne Arundel County
Thank you City of Annapolis
Thank you Annapolis Symphony Academy
Thank you Maryland Hall
Thank you Creating Communities
Thank you PopUp Pantry and Amy Marshal and team
Thank you Downtown Hope and Janice Keating
Thank you Guadalupe Ministries form St. Mary’s Church
Thank you Maryland Chamber of Commerce
Thank you Meridian Foundation
Thank you J.M. Kaplan Fund
Thank you Fund for Community Healing
Thank you Unitarian Universalist Church of Annapolis
Thank you St. Anne’s Episcopal Church