a) Translations/interpretations – Bilingual employees assist clients interpreting or translating documents for immigrants to navigate successfully and lawfully their environments
b)Financial Assistance – The Center offers workshops, one-on-one financial advice, and guidance about organizations that may benefit their families
c) Medical issues – The Center helps immigrants understand their medical bills and create payment plans, provide resources and help them with enrolling in programs available.
The Center of Help is officially designated as an Application Counselor Sponsoring Entity by the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange. Enrollment is year-round for Medicaid and MCHP and people with certain life changes For more information please contact us.
Qualified families can enroll in the healthcare insurance through the Maryland Health Connection. For more information please contact us.
d) Housing and financial issues – The Center helps immigrants navigate housing opportunities, leases, payment schedules and fees and educates about the rules. Educates about what entails being a good neighbor in their new community.
e) Court issues – Pro-bono bilingual lawyers come to the Center to assist immigrants offering legal advice.
f) Employment and workers compensation – The Center supports the Hispanic, Latino community and other immigrants with job search, job applications, and resume writing and educates about immigration-related unfair employment practices.
g) Applications assistance- The Center ensures that applications are done correctly, and help fill out those from whom may need assistance in reading and writing.
HEALTH INSURANCE ASSISTANCE
The Center of Help is officially
designated as an Application Counselor Sponsoring Entity by the Maryland Health Benefit Exchange.
Enrollment is year-round for Medicaid and MCHP and people with certain life changes.
For more information please contact us.
You can enroll in the health care insurance through the Maryland Health Connection.
For more information please contact us.
- Wednesdays – Math, Chess and Engineering – 6-8 PM – Center of Help Offices
- Saturdays – Science, Math, Art Integrated, Cultural Heritage, and more – 10-Noon – Center of Help Offices
- First Saturday of every month – Art Workshops at Maryland Hall of the Performing Arts -12:30 to 2:00 PM with limited space for the workshop. Address: 801 Chase St. Annapolis, MD (regular classes (10 to 12) are also at Maryland Hall on those days.
- Summer Camp – Three weeks including: Quiet Waters Park, Historic Annapolis, Crab Sail, Movies, Library Time, and more.
María de la Paz Youth Outreach Center
Monday to Friday from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM year-round
Students 12 – 17 year-old who have experienced trauma, gang pressures, anxiety and other emotional and behavioral concerns.
The Center of Help partners with:
- Tennis Alliance offered lessons all summer and fall for Leadership and Learning Program and María de la Paz Youth Outreach Center and children from that community, 2018
- Maryland Hall provides art integrators for all our children programs and now we are conducting our Saturday program at their location
- Compass Rose Theater offered one week summer camp, 2018
- Historic Annapolis offered one full day, 2018 and 2019
- Crab Sailing offered one full day, 2018 and 2019
- Quiet Water Parks 2018 and 2019
- Junior League of Annapolis
- Annapolis Soccer Club
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Teacher/Director: Ellen Dinerman
Volunteers from St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church
Computer Classes/FinancialLiteracy adviceTeacher: Samuel “Sam” Cordero-Puchales – MA, MS, ED.S.
Pro bono Lawyers (once a month by appointment Waleska Casiano
Women and family Support Group
Ana Maria Phillips
Childcare Providers Training Class in Partnership with Anne Arundel Child Care Connections
Our people talking about the Center
I am very satisfied with all the help I was provided in order to prepare my documents for my court case process. On this occasion, I was personally advised from the court to come to this office to receive help; it was my first time requesting services at the Center of Help. I feel one hundred percent supported with the translations, copies, advice and the assistance I received completing the court applications.
THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Carol M. Jacobsohn Foundation